This article will show you a simple procedure to enhance Photoshop’s portrait photographs discreetly.
We softly smoothing the skin, helping minimize undesirable defects, and then focusing on the eyes by enhancing the contrast and saturation of the skin.
- Start with Photoshop opening the image.I use this fantastic Pixabay free stock picture.
2. You are invited to give the layer a new name by double-clicking on the background layer.
3. Just right-click the picture layer and select ‘Convert to Smart Object.’
This enables us to use non-destructive intelligent filters.
4. Duplicate the layer of the Smart Object twice to 3 copies. In a group labeled ‘Skin,’ place the top two layers.
Click the eye icon to hide the visibility of the top one for now and choose the other visible layer.
5. Go to the Filter > Blur menu and pick Surface Blur with a visible layer selected. In 5 for the radius and 30 for the threshold, the whole image will be smoothed out.
6. Choose and make visible the previously concealed layer. Set linear light and opacity to 50% of a blending mode.
7. Select Filter > to go to Other option >High Pass. Use Radius with 1.8. The Surface Blur-Effect adds back some of the details lost.
8. Then go to the Layer > Layer Mask menu and choose Hide All. This masks the smoothing effect and enables us to use the Brush tool.